CAYAYA BIRDING tours are designed for birders. Follow the links to see some itinerary examples. All tours are customizable and we also organize your tour tailored according to your target species.
- Scheduled Tours: 22-30 November 2014 Guatemalan highlands and Tikal National Park with QUETZAL TOURS, Fort Collins, CO.
- Customized Tour Tailor made based on your target birds and interests.
- Day-Tours 1-day birding tours.
- Guatemala - Birding - Loop (15 days) This tour provides a sample of the Guatemalan avifauna in all biogeographic regions, from the Pacific slope lowlands to the highlands and the Atlantic slope lowlands. More than 300 bird species can be expected during this tour.
- Volcano - Mangrove - Tour (8 days) One-week birding tour to see endemics of the north Central American highlands, and waterbirds in reed swamps and mangroves on the Pacific coast.
- Pacific and Highland Endemics (6 days) A short birding tour focused on the Pacific slope highlands between Guatemala City and lake Atitlán. Chance to see many of the endemics of the north Central American highlands.
- Tikal and Yaxhá - Birding - Tour (4 days) Short birding tour to Tikal and Yaxhá. Both archaeological sites amidst the Mayan forest offer good oportunities to see canopy birds and regional endemics.
- Quetzal - Tour (4 days) Short birding tour from Cobán to the Chelemhá Cloud Forest Reserve during the breeding season of Resplendent Quetzals.
- Christmas Bird Counts
Christmas Bird Counts in at Atitlan Volcano and in Antigua Guatemala, each December.