Pacific and Highland Endemics Tour
A short birding tour focused on the Pacific slope highlands between Guatemala City and lake Atitlán. Chance to see many of the endemics of the north Central American highlands, including Pink-headed Warbler and Azure-rumped Tanager.
- 6 days / 5 nights birding tour.
- Birding Hotspots included: Antigua Guatemala, Tecpán, Los Tarrales Reserve.
- Highland specialties: Rufous Sabrewing, Green-throated Mountain-Gem, Emerald-chinned Hummingbird, Northern Flicker, Blue-throated Motmot, Rufous-browed Wren, Rufous-collared Robin, Blue-and-white Mockingbird, Pink-headed Warbler, Azure-rumped Tanager, Prevost's Ground-Sparrow, Bar-winged Oriole, and others.
- Pacific slope birds: White-bellied Chachalaca, Yellow-naped Parrot, Blue-tailed Hummingbird, and Long-tailed Manakin.
- Tour operation January to December.
- Accommodation: comfortable hotels and lodges.
- Conditions, health & safety, don’t forget
- Hike to the habitat of Horned Guan: strenuous hike which requires additional logistics.
- Coffee tour: about 1 hour, most interesting during the harvest season from November to January.
- Short tour through ornamentals plantation.
- Trip to handicrafts market near lake Atitlán.
Request more information
Contact Us |
Site Map |
Terms and Conditions |