Birding tour to cloud forests in Guatemala, home of the Resplendent Quetzal and other birds specialized to this habitat. Two nights in a lodge or hotel close to several trails.
- 3 days / 2 nights birding tour from Guatemala City, Antigua, or Cobán to a cloud forest reserve on the Atlantic slope or on the Pacific slope, depending on season.
- Other birds: Highland Guan, Blue-throated Motmot, Green-throated Mountain-gem, Bushy-crested Jay, Black-throated Jay, Unicolored Jay, Azure-hooded Jay, Black-capped Swallow, Rufous-browed Wren, Blue-and-white Mockingbird, and Slate-colored Solitaire.
- Tour operation February to August.
- Accommodation: comfortable lodges and hotels.
- Conditions, health & safety, don’t forget
What birders say about the Quetzal-Tour with CAYAYA BIRDING
"Knut has been my guide for two separate tours in the last 3 weeks. One day trip around Antigua, and the other was a 3-day, 2-night tour of Motagua Valley and Biotopo del Quetzal. The goal of the latter trip was to find the Resplendent Quetzal. We found it, and it was amazing! Knut is incredibly knowledgable about the birds of Central America (and beyond). I didn't get the opportunity to bird with Claudia, but she always responded to my emails, questions and concerns quickly, and always with a "we can make this work", attitude! I am very grateful to these two for an incredible birding experience in Guatemala! Until next time!"
David Schas, Oregon, USA.