Short birding tour to Tikal and Yaxhá in northern Guatemala. Both archaeological sites are located in the Maya Biosphere Reserve. Ancient buildings amidst the forest offer good oportunities to see canopy birds and regional endemics like Ocellated Turkey and Black-throated Shrike-Tanager, and also rare species such as Orange-breasted Falcon.
- 4 days / 3 nights birding tour from/to Flores
- Birding Hotspots included: Tikal and Yaxha.
- More than 400 bird species have been recorded in this region.
- Atlantic slope specialties such as Orange-breasted Falcon, Ocellated Turkey, Black-throated Shrike-Tanager.
- Waterbirds: Limpkin, Ruddy Crake, Gray-necked Wood-Rail, and others.
- Tour operation January to December.
- Accommodation: comfortable hotels and lodges.
- Conditions, health & safety, don’t forget
- Archeological tour in Yaxhá and Tikal.
- Flight from/to Guatemala City to Flores airport (Santa Elena).
February 2005, Tikal-Yaxhá Birding Tour
"Claudia’s expertise and hospitality is a joy and I can only recommend bird-watching with her. You will not only see the birds but also improve your identifying the different calls. I shall definitely tour with them again!"
Eva Kiefer, Zurich, Switzerland.
More testimonials ...