Please be sure to bring the following items on a tour to Guatemala.
- Passport and visa when required for your country.
- Travel insurance documents.
- Personal medicine.
- Hiking boots or shoes for hiking around in the woods.
- A warm sweater for chilly nights in the mountains.
- Long-sleeved shirts to avoid insect bites in the humid tropical forest.
- Rain jacket.
- Sandals or a comfortable pair of shoes for relaxing in the lodges.
- A flashlight and water bottle for each person.
- Sunscreen and a hat to protect your face.
- Mosquito repellent.
What not to bring? Don't worry about bringing along heavy bird field guides. We always bring the standard works (Howell & Webb 1995: A guide to the birds of Mexico and Northern Central America.; Sibley, D. A. 2000: The Sibley guide to birds. National Geographic Society 2000: Field guide to the birds of North America.) field guide with us on all of our trips. Lodges provide mosquito window screens or nets where necessary.