Please be sure to bring the following items on a tour to Guatemala.
- Passport and visa when required for your country.
- Travel insurance documents.
- Personal medicine.
- Hiking boots or shoes for hiking around in the woods.
- A warm sweater for chilly nights in the mountains.
- Long-sleeved shirts to avoid insect bites in the humid tropical forest.
- Rain jacket.
- Sandals or a comfortable pair of shoes for relaxing in the lodges.
- A flashlight and water bottle for each person.
- Sunscreen and a hat to protect your face.
- Mosquito repellent.
What not to bring? Don't worry about bringing along heavy bird field guides. We always bring the standard ID books. Lodges provide mosquito window screens or nets where necessary.